If you can relate to these statements below then this article will be beneficial for you. Does any of this sound familiar?
- Every day you wake up tired
- You feel irritated
- You are overworked
- You feel overwhelmed
- You feel like a squirrel in a wheel
- You feel like “there is no light at the end of the tunnel”
I used to feel all of those on a daily basis. To be completely honest I used to live in those states. All of them at once. I don’t think that there were times when I didn’t feel at least one of those items listed above, at any given time. And my life was filled with everything to be happy and excited.
I didn’t realize at that time that I was living in that place, I can now call a sad place. To be constantly tired and not seeing that something will drastically change in the near future did not give me much to look forward to.
Oftentimes, we don’t acknowledge our current state and world we are living in. You start noticing it when the thoughts such as: “I have had enough”, “I don’t know how much longer I can take it”, etc. start crossing your mind on a daily basis.
And once these thoughts start crossing your mind, you might be thinking that this is normal, that everyone is going through the same thing, that no one is really living at a different state of mind with similar circumstances as yours.
When you are thinking that, you make yourself believe that you are just like everyone else and that nothing needs to change.
Well, this is wrong! Something needs to change, and something needs to change now!!! Not everyone lives in this state. You can do something about this. You can wake up and feel rested. You can go through your day with a smile on your face.
I have previously mentioned in my “Morning Routine” article that I used to be a “Morning Hater”. And I really didn’t like to see people with a smile on their face in the morning. 🙂
I came across a funny quote that I realized I could relate to so much in my past. “Co-worker: Good Morning! Me: Who hired this bitch?” 🙂
But after implementing a few changes, my whole life has changed. And I wanted to share some best practices with you.
You are totally in control of your emotional state and mood. I have written previously regarding how to shift your state of mind. This time I will write about best practices, which if you implement, you will realize that a happy emotional state and an elevated mood would become a regular part of your life.
- Did you ever catch yourself thinking that you are always on the go? Oftentimes, we are running from 1 task to another. It’s like we are running a marathon with obstacles. And we need to complete as many tasks as possible during this marathon.Sometimes we are so busy that we even forget to breathe. And I mean this literally. We are not even breathing properly for the most part. Not enough oxygen is getting to our brain when we are not breathing properly. There is a lot that can be said about breathing. But I will leave this for another article. And I will come back to our original discussion.What you need to do is TAKE A BREAK once in a while. You need to slow down and rest a little bit. You can even combine 2 positives in the same event.
What if you took 5 minutes in the middle of your day and did some gratefulness exercises.
Start thinking about what are you grateful for? Who do you love? Who loves you? What is exciting in your life right now? You can always find something you can be grateful for. And after this short exercise, you will notice how different your state of mind is, how much more energy you have, how peaceful you feel, and there is so much more.
What if you took a break for 5 minutes in the middle of your day, did some gratefulness exercises and did all of this while you were walking outside? Now you have added 2 more benefits to this 5 minutes break. You have added exercise and fresh air.
There are so many benefits you can add to your life just by adding one 5 minute break to your daily routine.
- What a lot of people don’t realize is that the biggest impact of their poor health and lack of energy is the food and drinks that they are consuming.A lot of food that we are consuming on a regular basis is taking energy away from us instead of giving us energy.On top of everything, many people eat heavy food for dinner, and some are eating very late in the evening. Then you are going to sleep and your body is working so hard all night long trying to digest all of this food that you ate last night.So, instead of resting during the night, your body is actually working. No wonder you are waking up in the morning very tired.
In order for you to change your level of energy, emotional state and elevate your mood, you need to eat Healthy Food that is benefiting you instead of harming you.
- Where do I start talking about the benefits of exercising? I think at this point in time everyone knows how beneficial exercising is.Besides the obvious health reasons, weight management, energy level, exercising is also impacting your mood drastically.As some of you know, exercise releases endorphins, hormones within your brain, and endorphins make you happy.
If exercise is not a part of your regular routine – implement it. Everyone can start exercising even if you have certain limitations. Find what you can do that is appropriate for you and start doing it regularly. You will notice a big difference in how you feel.
- Another important factor that is impacting your emotional state is sleep. This is currently my own challenge. And I am working on a plan to improve this area of my life.Lack of sleep or a poor interrupted sleep impacts everything: your energy, your mood, your productivity, your happiness level, the overall quality of your life.Get some sleep. If you know that you are not getting enough quality sleep, change this. Sleep is a must!
- Many of us are proud of our ability of multitasking. And I am a person who can tell you that I thought this was my biggest strength.Not till a little while ago I have learned that extreme multitasking is actually harming you instead of benefitting you. You are actually becoming less productive when you are multitasking vs doing one task at a time.Besides being less productive, we are also giving up the quality of our life. Instead of enjoying the current moment, we are rushing to the next goal we have to achieve in our head, and completely giving up the experience of current events.
The important thing is to acknowledge this and shift your focus back to current experience instead of your mind wondering somewhere in the future.
If you will implement these 5 simple actions into your life – you will drastically improve the quality of your life.
- Take a Break
- Healthy Food
- Get Some Sleep
- Focus on 1 Thing at a Time instead of multitasking
Why waste your life being tired and sad, when you can be happy?! You are in charge of your life!
Please write to me at email@example.com if you need any assistance with the action items above. I will be happy to help you. And if you haven’t done so, subscribe below to get notifications any time I write a new article.